It's an exciting time for our team at VIKTOR. Since launching our platform in the spring of 2017, we have been growing rapidly our customer base. We are hyper-focused to make VIKTOR the go-to platform for engineers in the manufacturing and building industry with the need to automate the boring work and enabling them to build awesome products.
You will work closely with our product development team to automate the daily workflow of our clients in an intuitive and valuable way. If you are passionate about automating engineering processes, solving complex problems leveraging computing power and smart algorithms that brings job satisfaction to our users, and you love working with the latest technologies, then we're eager to get to know you.
What are you going to do:
Ensuring that customers can Engineer the Awesome, as a python developer you play a major role in achieving this.
You do this by working together with the customer and discussing practical processes and models. You are able to translate this into an abstract programmable problem and can convert this into a digital model; a web application.
This translates into the following topics you will be working on as a Python developer:
- Parametrizing (engineering) processes and developing digital models, as well as improving current designs/working processes by applying techniques such as optimization algorithms, machine learning or any other logic that would be applicable to the problem.
- You work closely with the platform team in the sense that you provide them with input based on developments you see in the market and with customers.
- Being a developer with a background in engineering, you understand what the client wants, can be critical in thinking what the client could be missing, provide alternatives to the solution the client gives, and be able to translate the feedback into clear actionable goals.
- The goal is that you can work autonomously, project management is part of that.
You as Python developer will be working predominantly with the Application Development team, although your knowledge and experience will be valuable and needed from time to time in other segments of VIKTOR, such as Sales, Marketing and Product Development.
With this you contribute to our mission: being the world-wide frontier in creating and delivering software development tools for engineers to unlock their real potential.
We offer you:
- A great team consisting of people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Impact on our technology roadmap
- Opportunities to grow with the company
- Work with the newest and greatest technologies
- Bring happiness and job satisfaction to our users on a daily basis
- Built applications that are mission critical to innovative companies
- Ambitious and motivated team
- Flat organization that ensures quick decision-making and plenty of room for personal input
- Contribute to innovative developments with big impact
- Opportunity to work from home and flexible working hours, also after Covid-19
- We encourage personal development and offer opportunities to deepen or broaden yourself
- Travel allowance and home work allowance
- 28 days off
- Pension compensation that provides flexibility. Save it, invest it, it’s up to you!
- Techtalks, demos
- Lot’s of legendary team activities
- Healthy work-life balance
- Work with the latest tech stack
- Team of highly skilled professionals, you learn from the best
- You are smart and can prove it with a MSc Degree in computer science, aerospace engineering, physics, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or equivalent
- You are fluent in Dutch next to English
- You are fluent in writing Python and preferably one more language
- You have experience using Git to effectively collaborate
- You know the ins and outs of maintainable object-oriented code
- You can translate user stories to feasible technical solutions